Have a passion for jewellery?
Interested in a career in Jewellery Design?
Then you are not going to want to miss out on this wonderful opportunity.
This Jewellery Challenge is kindly and generously brought to you by Galio Jewellers, St Albans.
Galio jewellers is situated at No.4 George Street, St Albans. Learn more about Galio here.
- 3 Runners up will get the change to display their muses/prep work in store at Galio Jewellers.
- The overall winner will get the opportunity to have their piece made in silver, by Galio Jewellers.
- They will then be awarded their finished piece and a trophy at the St Albans Fashion and Beauty Awards, held at The Odyssey Cinema in September 2015.
AND, for the best bit…
- Galio are also offering a once in a lifetime opportunity:
- A week’s worth of work experience with renowned jeweller, Shaun Leane, at his new atelier in Mayfair.
Shaun Leane is a renowned celebrity jeweller- he has collaborated with designers such as Daphne Guinness and Alexander McQueen. Some of his work is currently on display at the hugely successful Alexander McQueen, Savage Beauty Exhibition, at the V&A Museum.
Shaun’s jewellery ranges from artistic pieces to more commercial jewellery too and he is a firm favourite with celebrities. His celebrity clients include Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Cara Delevigne and Beyonce.
I’m very flattered to be able to work alongside my longstanding partner Galio for SAFW competition to discover the next rising talent.
I feel it is essential we support aspiring artisans and designers to allow our creative industries to flourish and evolve. – Shaun Leane
For more information on Shaun Leane click here.
Keen to take part? Then take a look at the brief below and apply as instructed.
Design & Jewellery Brief
Design an inspirational piece of jewellery, a ‘ muse,’ inspired by St Albans Cathedral that could lead to the development of more mainstream designs.
Submissions could take the form of 3D drawings, paper sketches, photographs, collage/mood board or you may even choose to make the ‘Muse’, in whatever materials and form you would like. It doesn’t have to be to scale.
Please also submit 500 words to accompany your ‘Muse.’
In this document, please mention the following:
- Materials, size, colour and purpose
- The market you want to target.
- Indicate how much you imagine the pieces will cost to make and how much it should sell for
- Outline how would you take the collection to market? And, how would you market your piece?
A winner and 2 runners up will be chosen.
An exhibition will be held from the middle of September until the end of St. Albans Fashion Week in October 2015 in the Galio Silver Gallery of some of our favourite designs.
Deadline: Friday 29th May 2015
Work can be submitted by post, email, Dropbox or WeTransfer.
Submissions can be in any format, whether that be digital artwork, a sketch, a photograph, a PDF, or any other format the applicant feels comfortable with.
ALL applicants must complete the form in the link below.
ALL Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE FORM
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: No entry can be considered without the completion of this form.